Dedicated to San Luis Obispo, the visita was converted to a monastery in 1555. Built on a pre-conquest platform, the open chapel was raised high above the atrium with a three arch portería below. The chapel faced south, an unusual orientation due perhaps to the position of the original platform. A long ramada, a light structure of wooden poles and a thatch roof, sheltered the worshipers from the weather. Built around the open chapel, a 17th century church was constructed on an east-west axis. Almost nothing is left of the original open chapel which, in the 18th century, was converted into a sanctuary for a second church built on the site of the ramada.