Templo de San Cayetano, La Valenciana, Guanajuato, 18th Century
Guanajuato,1775-88. This church, is 2 kilometers north of the city of Guanajuato on the road to Dolores Hildalgo. It was built largely through the patronage of the Count of Valenciana, owner of one of the most productive silver mines in the world during that time period. Andres Manuel de la Riva designed the facade and the 3 gilded wooden retablos.